To enable voters in the 2020 Whitehorse Council Elections to know something about the policies of candidates, WATAG has asked each candidate to fill out a survey.
A copy of the survey questions is shown at the foot of the page.
Candidate names are shown below under each Ward.
Names are highlighted when a response has been given.
Click a name to read a response. A new window will open which can be zoomed via the + and – icons for easier reading. Note that the type size is small because responses are a direct copy from the independent survey site, and they chose the font size!
If no response has received yet, there will not be a link. Maybe check back later.
If you are unsure of your Ward, please check here. (A map will open in a separate window).
Note that Victorian Electoral Commission will mail ballot papers to you from 6th October 2020, and your ballot paper will tell you the Ward and give candidate names.
Candidate names and contact information is taken from the Victorian Electoral Commission website.
Candidates answered a simple questionnaire and provided a statement to the VEC when nominating. These can be seen via this link. Look for two separate links at the VEC site. One to the questionnaire answers and another for the Candidate statements.
WATAG survey results are shown below. A summary is provided to show what most candidates think and individual responses are shown below that for each candidate.
A majority of candidates participated in the survey. They were happy for voters to know their values. (Some were very happy at WATAG’s action to inform the community.)
Others were obviously unimpressed at being asked to say what they think, and disappointingly, three out of nine retiring Councillors who are re-contesting, didn’t answer the survey. And two new contenders wrote and said they didn’t want to participate
CROWAG also conducted an online survey with questions framed in a different way Please visit www.crowag.com to see how candidates replied.
Click here to see a summary of all candidate responses
Check under your Ward name for links to each candidate response.
* These candidates did not responded to the invitation to participate
** These candidates have elected not to provide any information.
- Andrew Munroe: BH: (03) 9013 4050; AH: (03) 9013 4050; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brad Crawford: email@example.com
- Jane Moran: Mob: 0422 025 588; firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Solly: DavidSolly4Eley@gmail.com *
- Trudy Skilbeck: email@example.com
- Honglin Zheng: firstname.lastname@example.org *
- Susannah Su: Mob: 0451 016 695; email@example.com *
- Stephen O’Brien: Mob: 0434 372 470; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blair Barker: Mob: 0409 318 234; email@example.com *
- Caroline Cook: Mob: 0413 956 320; ElgarWard2020@gmail.com
- Sandy Li: Mob: 0404 429 323; firstname.lastname@example.org *
- Matthew Harris: BH: (03) 9898 8635; AH: (03) 9898 8635; Mob: 0402 225 607; email@example.com
- Sharon Ellis; Mob: 0418 148 091; Sharon.Ellis4Kingsley@gmail.com
- Harry Ma: Mob: 0477 896 863; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda McNeill: email@example.com *
- Xzavier Kelly: Mob: 0466 985 430; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Denise Massoud: Mob: 0418 309 622; email@example.com *
- Rodney Blackwood: Mob: 0448 406 664; firstname.lastname@example.org *
- Wendy Branagan: BH: (03) 9878 7897; AH: (03) 9878 7897
- Mark Lane: Mob: 0417 554 033; email@example.com *
- Nildhara Gadani: Mob: 0401 538 954; firstname.lastname@example.org *
- Anne Makhijani: Mob: 0481 301 831; email@example.com
- David Coombs: Mob: 0492 949 894; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jason Martin: Mob: 0434 115 008; email@example.com
- Sam Alcordo: BH: (03) 8802 4880; Mob: 0492 953 499; firstname.lastname@example.org **
- Philip Daw: Mob: 0448 196 628; email@example.com
- Jill Edwards: No contact person provided – could not be contacted *
- Prue Cutts: Mob: 0425 701 796; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philip Tan: email@example.com
- Thomas Kennedy: Mob: 0434 492 978; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sumeet Singh Chhabra: Mob: 0405 651 868 *
- Tina Liu: Mob: 0460 714 693; email@example.com
- Peter Chandler: Mob: 0427 987 038; firstname.lastname@example.org **
- Minwen Wu: Mob: 0488 884 365; email@example.com
- Michelle Liu: firstname.lastname@example.org *
- Mingzhi Lei: Mob: 0434 886 918; email@example.com
- Dennis Fitzgerald: Mob: 0438 527 017; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jarrod Gunn: Mob: 0425 770 778; email@example.com
- Raylene Carr: Mob: 0468 896 974; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amit Jaiswal: No contact person provided – could not be contacted *
- Jeff Khan: No contact person provided – could not be contacted *
- Sunny Chittajallu: Mob: 0415 783 042; email@example.com *
- Ben Stennett: Mob: 0415 931 761; firstname.lastname@example.org *
- Sharon Lee Partridge: No contact person provided – could not be contacted *
- Andrew Davenport: Mob: 0480 295 156; email@example.com
- Santi Whiteside: Mob: 0412 910 375; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jean-Marc Kurban: Mob: 0416 205 022; email@example.com *
Survey questions asked
This is a .pdf copy of the survey pages candidates were asked to complete. Use the scroll-bar on the right to scroll through the document. Using + or – will enlarge or reduce document size shown.