Would you like to know when a Newsletter is published?
Simply click to Subscribe to receive our Newsletter every two months. ALL emails from WATAG include an Opt-Out link which will remove your email address from our lists if you decide you don’t want to continue receiving information.
- Australian and New Zealand teenagers among most inactive in the world
- Here’s a little quiz to see how engaged YOU are
- Bike Buddies
- Active Transport – just for the enjoyment of it!
- Vienna makes it safer
- Active Transport Priority?
- Could YOU crush your car and go carless?
- Kids Raised in Walkable Cities Earn More Money As Adults
- Bryant Park – possibly the busiest place you’ve never heard of!
- Seven steps Melbourne can take to regain its ‘liveable city’ crown
- For a longer life get moving
- Australia’s top 20 sports and physical activities revealed
- Box Hill to Ringwood Shared User Path – Laburnum section
- Become your own expert
- PLUS info about Whitehorse Council, Walks Victoria, Whitehorse Cyclists and more…
- A Spring Festival
- Now that Spring has Sprung are you all in a Twitter?
- Making it safe for the less-than-fit
- Back to the Future?
- Leading from the top?
- Cycling for shopping and with kids clearly is possible!
- Want some real inspiration?
- More on Kids & Bikes
- Study shows sport not helping teens
- NEL – NOT the final word, but a very good one!
- Help needed!!
- And more…
Have your say about the future of Box Hill
- Whitehorse Budget Blues – Sport Australia’s AusPlay data supports WATAG’s concerns
- Bicycle Ballet
- Box Hill – Where is it headed?
- Who says cycling is only for the super fit?
- Are Freeways a knotty problem? – What’s happening with NEL?
- High praise for Skyrail
- Bus stations can be great
- Is it really 10,000 steps?
- When cycling is just normal
- NIMBY or not?
- Children in the car era
- And more…
- Box Hill Development
- Further reading about the best in city design
- What’s your view (about cyclists)?
- A positive note from Norway
- Do we ever learn?
- Help needed
- Safety myths
- New Year resolutions for you
- The standard response
- Some thoughts on infrastructure
- Who is it for?
- Lessons learnt from Melbourne’s Sky Rail
- If its not OK to walk it, why is it OK to cycle it?
- Maximise opportunities when they arise
- Good advice
- A cycling Mecca?
- Wombat crossings
- NEL update
- Can we do it?
- Walkable streets
- One or more wheels!
- Building strong communities
- Road rage – the sad facts
- Swapping seats – who can see who
- Box Hill – Ringwood shared path
- A Metre Matters
- More traffic?
- Bike helmets
- NEL update
- Whitehorse Biketober…how you can join in.
- The Happiest Children in the World
- Box Hill- some ideas to make it great
- Free Parking?
- Why Walking & Cycling are Good for Business
- Super Highways and Quietways
- North East Link – the effect on Whitehorse
- Snap Send Solve – now official
- Spring Festival Whitehorse style
- Keeping up-to-date with the news
- Not so Fast – slow down in residential streets
- A Biketober Film Festival
- More about exercise …and walking
- Pedestrian road fatalities – what’s the reason?
- Footpath riding – a law change in NSW
- London pedestrians get the green light
- What’s new at WATAG website?
- Where is Box Hill headed?
- Update on North East Link
- Snap Send Solve bouquet
- Active Transport is great for your health
- Cycling $$$ – what’s planned, and what should be allocated?
- Pedestrian friendly city centres – including Box Hill MAC
- Getting around safely – across the kerbs and on shared paths
- NELA – an update
- Women and Active Transport
- Sharrows are coming
- and more….
Active Transport in Whitehorse – Whitehorse City Council is holding the first Active Transport Forum aimed at making Active Transport an important part of the future of Whitehorse… Plus many links to some very thoughtful and informative web resources.
2017 Active Transport Survey – WINNER announced.
North East Link information and how WATAG is putting a view forward. Institute of Traffic Engineers and RACV – views from the Presidents.
2017 Active Transport Survey is now open.
WATAG has launched its online survey to get a wider community view about people’s present use of Active transport to travel to activities which are part of their everyday lives… Plus…an update on the Whitehorse Health and Wellbeing plan, VicRoads excellent proposals to upgrade three major corridors for walking and cycling. And more…
Cycling to work: major new study suggests health benefits are staggering
Research has consistently shown that people who are less physically active are…more likely to die younger… Plus: Box Hill to Ringwood Shared use path through Laburnum…VicRoads plans, and much more…read more
Wombat Crossings save lives … LOTS of them!
In the April/May 2017 newsletter, WATAG suggested that Whitehorse should use of Wombat Crossings for pedestrians and cyclists to use, instead of the simple ramps recently installed…read more
New Blackburn Creeklands Crossovers
Two new crossovers have been installed on the Gardiners Creek Trail at Pakenham St to link the Blackburn Creeklands shared paths in Kalang Park with Blacks Walk. One crossover for the northern path, and one for the southern path… read more