Why become a Member?
WATAG Inc. is managed by an Executive Committee. But Members are the core of any community organisation, not just a Committee. Members are those who care most about the aims, and are prepared to invest some of themselves to help meet those aims.
Being a Member of WATAG Inc:
- Makes it a more representative group. Having a wider cross section of the community as Members, helps to ensure all voices are heard.
- Gives you voting rights at General Meetings.
- Gives you the ability to nominate to serve on the Committee if you wish.
- Helps to turn the aims into actions if you choose to become more actively involved.
- Helps ensure the continuity by paying an annual Membership fee.
What does it cost?
Membership fees are:
- Annual Single/Family: $10.00
- Annual Concession¹: $5.00
- Annual Junior (< 18 years): $3.00
- Life Member: $200.00
The Annual Membership period for any year is 1st July – 30th June following year.
People joining as an Annual Member on or after 1st January pay half the Annual fee.
¹Note: Concession applies to Pensioners, HealthCare Card etc. holders
How you can become a Member²?
Here’s how to apply:
- Click here to join now. This is the simplest way.
We use a secure list management site to collect and store Membership information, so you will be transferred to our page there.
- Click here to download a paper form – which you can deliver to us.
²Note: The Rules of Incorporation (see About Us page) say:
To apply to become a member of the Association, you must submit a written application to a committee member stating that you wish to become a member and support the purposes of WATAG; and agree to comply with the Rules. The application must be signed by you.
The Committee must decide whether to accept or reject an application and will notify the applicant of its decision as soon as practicable after the decision is made. When you are accepted, you will be asked to pay the appropriate Annual Membership fee, and to renew annually.
Membership not for you?
Maybe you are interested in the Aims of WATAG Inc. and would like to be kept informed about Active Transport issues in and around Whitehorse?
Register as a Friend of WATAG to receive WATAG Newsletters.
OR…simply click here to if you’d simply like to receive our Newsletter every two months. ALL emails from WATAG include an Opt-Out link which will remove your email address from our lists if you decide you don’t want to continue receiving information
WATAG Inc. receives no Government or Council subsidies. The only regular income is from Annual Membership fees. Whilst the costs of operating WATAG are very modest, (such as web hosting, printing and stationary) additional funds will help deliver our message to a wider audience. Donations to help us do that are very welcome.
Click here if you’d like to donate to WATAG. (Functionality in process of being added!)